We salute your efforts to give your body a much-needed detox after the notoriously over-indulgent festive period, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t enjoy a delicious drink. If you’ve decided to start the year partaking in dry January, then luckily for you we’ve put together a selection of our favourite dry January mocktails to keep your spirits high! (If you’ll excuse the pun.)
Strawberry Margarita Mocktail
A fruity alcohol-free take on a Margarita and if you love strawberries as much as we do, then you won’t be disappointed.
- 1lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Orange for garnish (cut into wheels
- Place the strawberries, orange juice, sparkling water, lime juice and ice into your blender.
- Blend on medium until it reaches a slushy consistency, add in ice as necessary.
- Take an orange wheel and cut a small slit then wipe it around the rim of the glasses so there is juice on the inside and outside of each glass.
- Pour the sugar on to a plate and roll the glasses in it, collecting the sugar on to the orange juice on the rim.
- Pour the Strawberry Margarita into 4 glasses, garnish with an orange wheel and serve!
Rosemary Grapefruit Mocktail
Made with grapefruit juice, soda water and a fresh rosemary syrup. Refreshing and simply delicious.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3-4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup rosemary syrup
- 1 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
- 3-4 cups soda water
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Ice cubes
- Grapefruit slices
- Put water and sugar into a small pot over medium/high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add rosemary sprigs.
- Cover pot and allow syrup to steep for about 30 minutes, until it is room temperature.
- Combine rosemary syrup, grapefruit juice, and soda water then serve over ice.
- Garnish glasses with fresh rosemary sprigs and a slice of grapefruit if desired.
Tom Collins Strawberry Mocktail
A classic Tom Collins usually consists of a nice helping of gin, but fear not, this version is just as delicious that you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with the alcohol. Enjoy waking up tomorrow without a sore head!
- 1.5 cups of strawberries, hulled & quartered
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Soda water
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish.
- Place the strawberries and agave nectar in a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Using two collins glasses, place a few ice cubes in each glass.
- Divide the lime juice and strawberry puree between the glasses. Stir with a long spoon.
- Fill the glasses to the top with soda water. Stir again and garnish with lime wedges, strawberries and mint leaves.