If you are tired of eating cereal and toast each day and want to make breakfast a little more exciting. Take a look at some of our easy breakfast ideas that you might like to try! We’ve also included a vegan option that tastes delicious!
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (200 g)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups soy milk (375–500 ml)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Sift your flour into a mixing bowl, and add the remaining ingredients
- Slowly add the milk to the mixture, whisking vigorously to create a light airy mixture that gives the fluffiest pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a light drizzle of oil, add 3 tablespoons of batter, smoothing with the back of your spoon to make a circle.
- Cook on this side until the edges are set and bubbles start to appear on the surface.
- Flip the pancake over and cook for another few minutes, remove from a pan and repeat with the remaining batter until you have a lovely stack of delicious vegan pancakes.
The perfect start to your day! This dish is a great source of protein after your morning workout. It’s something I’ve been making on a regular basis as it’s quick, easy and so tasty.
- 1 Avocado
- Vine tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- Smoked salmon slices
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Toast (optional)
- Potato and onion hash(optional – potatoes, onion, oil)
- Firstly, prepare your avocado by cutting it in half, removing the seed and scooping out the inside. You can mash up the avocado or cut it into slices and add some salt and pepper (as shown above).
- Next, chop or slice some cherry tomatoes, and place them on to your plate. If you prefer them to be soft, you can place them under the grill for a couple of minutes or fry in a pan with a dash of oil.
- Prepare your eggs in any way you like. Personally, poached eggs are always a go-to for me. I do this by boiling water in a saucepan, adding a splash of vinegar, whilst constantly stirring the water to create a whirlpool (this helps the egg to wrap around).
- This should take around 2-3 minutes to fully cook through. However, if you prefer a runny yolk then remove from the saucepan slightly earlier.
- Once your egg is cooked, place onto your favourite plate alongside the salmon, tomatoes, and avocado.
- To make the potato and onion hash, mash 2 cooked potatoes and 1 chopped onion and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shape this mixture into a flat circle and shallow fry for 2 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Plate up your smoked salmon then place your egg on top of the potato and onion hash, and enjoy!
GREEN SMOOTHIE BOWL
If you haven’t seen pictures of smoothie bowls floating around the internet then you are definitely missing out! This viral trend has quickly taken social media by storm and it’s something we had to try!
- 175ml coconut milk or almond milk
- 60g green spinach
- 1/2 avocado (ripe)
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 ripe banana peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup pineapple peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 ripe mango peeled, chopped and frozen
- Handful of granola
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Coconut or pumpkin seeds divided, optional
- 2 tsp chia seeds divided
- Fresh strawberries blueberries and or raspberries
- Add the ingredients into a blender, and adding only 1/2 of the milk to start.
- Start on low speed, scraping down the bowl as needed and adding more milk if required. Once thick and creamy, set the mixer to high speed until it reaches a sorbet consistency.
- Divide smoothie mixture between bowls and garnish with any toppings you’d like.
SERVE IT IN LUXURY