Now that November is in full swing it is officially hibernation food time with our tasty Truffled Parsnip Soup with hazelnuts and bacon . Dust off that roasting tin as hearty root vegetables, artichokes, leeks, parsnips come into their own, as well as tasty rich game meats to compliment.
This recipe is perfect for the busy working week! You will be the envy of everyone in the office munching on a standard ham sandwich with this luxury lunch.
What you will need
- 60g of unsalted butter
- 2 onions
- 4 gloves of garlic or 3 spoonful’s of lazy garlic
- 800g of red skinned potatoes
- 700g of milk
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of truffle oil
- 200g of bacon lardons
- 50g of blanched hazelnuts
- Wooden chopping board
- Melt the butter cooking it with the onion and garlic.
- Add the parsnips, potatoes, milk and stock then simmer for 15 mins until tender.
- Add salt, pepper and the truffle oil then blend. Check if more seasoning is needed and then add lemon juice to taste.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the bacon lardons, add the nuts for a couple of minutes then remove from the heat. Sprinkle over the soup and drizzle any extra truffle oil over the top.
- Pop into a re-heatable Tupperware, heat up the next day and enjoy at your desk or serve at home in your favourite dish (feel free to add the odd crouton or too if you wish for added decoration) or pour into one of our oversized mugs!
Each week we will share our favourite winter warmers with you, with options for work lunches, quick and easy dinners as well as fancy recipes for the weekend.
Please feel free to show us your own delicious creations or your version of this tasty Parsnip Soup by sending your images to us @Truly_Lifestyle